These delicious strawberry muffins are especially flavorful with a spoon of our Strawberry Preserves (Add to Cart) in the center. Try using our Michigan Cherry Preserves (Add to Cart) or Cherry Raspberry Preserves (Add to Cart) for an additional taste treat.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 jar Brownwood Farms Strawberry Preserves (Add to Cart)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Position rack in center of oven.
- Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.
- Fill muffin cups 1/4 full and then spoon 1 Tbs. Strawberry Preserves (Add to Cart) in the muffin cup.
- Top preserves with batter to 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Place in oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.