What’s better than coffee cake? Coffee cake with more crumb than cake. What’s even better than that? Pumpkin Coffee Cake Cookies.
- For The Crumb:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup Brownwood Farms Pumpkin Butter (Add to Cart)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1- 2/3 cup flour
- For The Dough:
- 8 Tbsp Brownwood Farms Pumpkin Butter (Add to Cart)
- 2 T butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner. Set aside.
- Crumb Topping: Mix all the crumb ingredients together in a medium bowl and cut together with a pastry cutter or a fork until evenly mixed. Refrigerate while making cookie dough.
- Cookies: Mix together butter, shortening and both sugars for 1-2 minutes on medium speed, until combined and fluffy.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the cinnamon, eggs and vanilla and add to the butter mixture until evenly combined.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in baking powder, salt and flour, mixing until dough comes together evenly.
- Scoop out cookies (about 2 heaping tablespoons) and place on lined cookie sheet. If using a spoon, form the dough into rounded balls. Make an indentation in the center of the cookie dough.
- Scoop 1-1/2Tablespoon of Crumb Topping into the center of the dough, pressing lightly to stick. Bake cookies for 9 minutes, or until edges start to get golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet, transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Ice-cream sandwiches? Don’t mind if we do. These cookies are a perfect compliment for making a bit more decadent dessert.