Cherry Pie like you’ve never had it before, but why not experiment with our other Northern Michigan Fruits–especially Brownwood Farms Simply Delicious Michigan Apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas or 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (21 oz) jar Brownwood Farms Simply Delicious Michigan Cherries
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. crushed or chopped almonds
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine the water, butter and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place a few spoonfuls of the Simply Delicious Michigan Cherries just slightly off center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the hot liquid over the enchiladas make sure to coat the tops completely. The mixture will be watery.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine 2 Tbs. sugar, cinnamon and almonds in a small bowl or cup; sprinkle over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the outside edges of the tortillas are golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Can slice in half for smaller servings. For even a richer dessert, serve with ice cream.