For the french toast batter:
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
For the pumpkin cream topping:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 Tbs. Brownwood Farms Pumpkin Butter (Add to Cart)
- 3 Tbs. powdered sugar
For the french toast:
- 1 jar Brownwood Farms Michigan Apple Premium Pie Filling
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- Butter as desired
- Combine the ingredients for the batter in a 9×12 glass baking dish; whisk briskly.
- Arrange the slices of sourdough bread in the batter. Allow to soak for 15 – 20 minutes turning several times.
- While the bread is soaking, whip the cream with an electric mixer on high speed until it begins to firm up.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue to whip until stiff and firm.
- Fold in the Pumpkin Butter (Add to Cart), mixing gently and thoroughly. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cook the soaked bread on a buttered griddle or large saute pan on medium heat until golden brown on both sides, making sure the batter is cooked all the way through.
- Heat the Michigan Apples in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Place the cooked french toast onto plates, top with the warmed Michigan Apple Premium Pie Filling and the Pumpkin Cream