3 Tablespoons Butter
2 egg whites, 1 egg*
½ Cup Milk
½ Cup Bread Flour (All-Purpose Flour can also be used)**
¼ Cup Sugar, extra for dusting
½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
¼ Teaspoons Salt
Brownwood Farms Blueberry Premium Pie Filling, or your favorite Premium Pie Filling
* This recipe calls for one full egg and two egg whites to insure the fluffiness of the pancake. If you would prefer a pancake with a more custardy texture and richer flavor, three full eggs can be used, or one egg white with two full eggs.
** This recipe also calls for Bread Flour rather than All-Purpose to insure the pancake has a high rise. Bread Flour is composed of mostly “Hard Wheat” which has a higher protein content insuring a high rise.
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In an oven safe skillet or cast iron skillet, place the butter. Then place the pan in the preheating oven to heat the pan and melt the butter.
2) In either a blender or bowl place egg, egg whites, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Blend or beat with a hand mixture the ingredients for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, or until the batter is foamy and smooth.
3) Remove pan with melted butter from the oven. Dust the pan with a little sugar, which will create a light crust on the pancake.
4) Pour the entire batter in the heated pan and place in the preheated oven to cook for 20 to 25 minutes. The pancake will puff up significantly on the edges and some in the center.
5) Remove the pancake from the oven and top with Brownwood Farms Blueberry Premium Pie Filling. Cut and serve in wedges.