You may have your own favorite recipe for pie crust, and that’s fine! Feel free to swap our pie crust recipe for your favorite, or even use store bought! We don’t judge…
Recipe makes 1 standard sized 8-9” pie.
2 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
3-6 tablespoons ice water
1 jar of Simply Delicious Fruit Premium Pie Filling and Topping: Your Choice of Blueberry, Michigan Apple, Michigan Cherry, Mixed Berry, or Red Haven Peach (Add to Cart).
Add any of the following to your choice of the Simply Delicious Fruit Premium Pie Filling and Topping (Add to cart link):
1-2 Apples, sliced or chopped
1-2 cups whole fresh blueberries
1-2 fresh peaches, sliced or chopped
1-2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
1-2 cups of your choice of fresh fruit
- Add flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Mix until well combined.
- Add butter cubes evenly over the mixture. Pulse in 1 second intervals until butter cubes are the approximate size of a pea. Empty mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add ice water to the mixture and fold.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Dough will need to sit at room temperature for approximately 20-30 minutes before rolling into crust.
- Flour your hands, rolling pin, and counter.
- Divide dough into two equally proportioned sections and roll into a flattened round shape to accommodate 2 extra inches to overlap the top of the pie plate.
- Place one of the pie crusts into the pie plate and drape the additional dough over the sides of the pie plate.
- Mix your choice of fresh fruit with the contents of 1 jar Simply Delicious Fruit Premium Pie Filling and Topping (Add to cart link) in a mixing bowl and then pour onto crust in pie plate.
- Gently place the second pie crust over the top of the filling and pie plate.
- Pinch together the two pie crusts in ½ inch folds around the top of the pie plate.
- Brush crust with cream and dust with a light layer of sugar.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking until the crust is gold brown (approximately 30-40 minutes).