These decadently flavored salmon fillets are then topped with a delicate white wine mustard sauce. Served alongside a healthy green vegetable and a low- glycemic sweet potato, you’re in for a spectacular, yet healthy meal packed with omega 3’s.
For the Fish and Sauce:
- 1 ½ lbs salmon, skin removed, cut into 4 fillets
- 8 Tbsp Brownwood Farms Cherry Barbeque Sauce (Add to Cart)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp Famous Kream Mustard (Add to Cart)
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
For the Asparagus:
- 20 spears asparagus
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit with cookie sheet in the oven.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and place in a plastic bag. Add in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Shake to coat and then place onto hot cookie sheet evenly space. Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Lay asparagus on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. If thin spears, put in oven with sweet potatoes for the last 10 minutes; if thick spears, 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and rub with olive oil.. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and and 2 T of Cherry Barbecue Sauce per fillet.
- Place fillets on baking sheet. Put in oven and cook until salmon is cooked through and begins to flake, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add in the shallots and cook until soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add in the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Set heat to low and whisk in remaining ingredients. Cook until heated through.
- Spoon sauce over salmon, serve with sweet potatoes and asparagus (grated Parmesan sprinkled on top).