Grilling everything is a healthy way to make everything taste amazing. Why not make everything on the grill? Fruit, Veggies, Meat– do it all for one cohesive dinner plan.
For the brine:
- 7 cups cold water
- ½ c soy sauce
- 1 c Brownwood Farms Cherry Barbeque Sauce (Add to Cart)
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T Kosher salt
For the skewers:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb halved bacon slices
- 1 large pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ c teriyaki sauce
- ¾ c Brownwood Farms Cherry Barbeque Sauce
- wooden skewers soaked for 30 minutes in water
For the corn:
- 6 ears of corn, unhusked
- Kosher salt
- 1 stick of butter, cut into 12 slices
- Whisk together all the brine ingredients until dissolved. Place the chicken breasts in the brine and cover with saran wrap. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- While the chicken is brining, prepare the corn. First pull back all the husks from the corn but DO NOT REMOVE.
- Remove all silks from the corn. Be really careful to really remove all of it because otherwise it corn will taste very bitter.
- Season the corn with salt and pepper and put 2 slices of butter next to the corn inside the husk.
- Wrap the husk up with string (soak string in water first).
- Place into a pot of cold water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Remove chicken from brine, pat dry, and cut into about 1 inch cubes.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with the halved slice of bacon. Thread the bacon wrapped chicken onto the skewer, alternating with the cubed pineapple.
- Mix together the teriyaki sauce and cherry barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Place corn on the grill 5 minutes before starting to grill the skewers.
- Grill skewers on direct, medium-high heat until bacon is browned and crisp about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In the last two minutes of cooking, brush each skewer with the mixed sauce.
- Remove skewers from heat and check the corn. Let the skewers rest for 5 minutes and finish up the corn. Serves six.